Tuesday 29 June 2010

Bargain Ebay Palette

Bottom layer
 All pictures are clickable.

Right, well here we have my palette. I bought this from Ebay a few months ago. I was getting back in to make up and needed something cheap to be practising with but this has actually become my first point of call when I'm doing my make up now.

There are 120 shadows in total (so faaaar too many to swatch unless there is a certain colour anyone wants to see). In all those there is a good mixture of shimmer and matte shades. I've not used all of them because I'm not lucky enough to have a skin tone that pulls off 120 shades of colour. :( As you can see 1 is broke, luckly that is a colour I can't wear.

Top layer




Yellows to blue
Surprisingly some of these are very heavy pigmented and you don't need much at all, they're creamy and last really really well. I'm useless at taking my make up off once I've been out and had a few sherbets at the club and I've woken up a few mornings with my eye make up still intact. Some are actually a bit of a bugger to get off. Likewise some are a bit pale.  I think my one criticism, some of them are a bit too powdering and you get some fallout when applying them so I tend to put a bit of tissue under my eye

Lilacs to Greens

I said in the title that it was a bargain and it certainly was, I paid less than a tenner for this including postage. The seller was from China but it was dropshipped from a warehouse in England. My seller no longer sells these but you can get them on Ebay still, although you have to filter out the ones which are from the UK.


I have done some random swatches all taken in natural sunlight (might as well make the most of it while its here!). To be honest I don't think these do the shadows any justice in the slightest and are pretty pap. There are some lovely shades in this and have been used to make some great day and night looks.




3 comments:

  1. Hey! That is pretty good value, I like. Do you use a primer or do they have good staying power by themselves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh thanks for reminding me, I meant to put that in my post. I don't use a primer at all.

    I did have a look for one today actually but couldn't find a cheapish one that looked any good. Will have to research that one I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a similar palette from ebay. It's a Fraulein one and cost £10 inc. delivery and I have to say that the shadows themselves are really good and not what I was expecting! Worth the £10 I think.

    ReplyDelete