Tuesday 15 June 2010

W7 Nail Polishes.

I went shopping today and decided to get a few new polishes. I have a friend who works for Superdrug and she managed to find me a bottle of the coveted GOSH Rainbow and of course it is a layering polish so I had to buy a couple.

Now first I apologise for the photos, they were all taken quite quickly with my Blackberry but fairly represent the colours.

One of the local makeup stalls sells products by a company called W7, yeah I've never heard of them either but hey, we'll give it a go. They were selling a £2 a bottle and sold everything from pastels, metallics, neons to traditional colours.

I bought (from left to right) #70 Suede, #26 Black Cherry and #62 Sheer Blue

Photobucket

The bottles are good sizes, quite chunky and heavy with a good sized handle. The brushes I found were ok and shaped like bog standard brushes, although the one in the Sheer Blue had some loose strands.

I found the colours to be hit and miss. W7 Sheer Blue was very runny and needed a good 3 coats before I got any good colour, and then it was patchy in places and it just waterlogged my cuticles as you can see from the pictures. The colour in the bottle is very pretty and was a good indication of the end dried product. I doubt I'll use this much and I just know it wont last long thanks to how many coats I needed. It had a nice shine to it as well.

Photobucket

W7 Suede has got to be the best out of the 3 I tried. The colour was lovely (although I need a tan to pull it off completely), it went on beautifully smooth and only needed 1 coat. I can see myself using this one quite often.

Photobucket

W7 Black Cherry disappointed me slightly. You can see in the bottle and on the first coat that it does have a lovely cherry red undertone to it but it does need 2 coats to get the coverage you need and in that you end up losing the red tone to it and it just ends up being black, it's very very shiny though which I did like. It did go on fairly well though and has lasted well, I've been wearing a good few hours and have been tapping away at the computer, cooking etc. and I've got no signs of wear which for a cheapie is good. I will end up wearing this one because I got it for layering with my GOSH Rainbow but only until I find something that does show the undertoned colour.

Photobucket

And a sneaky peek at it layered with GOSH Rainbow (I will do a post on this another day).

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love Gosh's Rainbow. Can't wait to buy it! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only Black Cherry polish I can get to look "cherryish" is the Tesco All About Face one its £1.50 give it a go! But I just sold my OPI Black Cherry Chutney because that was exactly the same, needed 2 coats and it just looked black!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jen, and much cheaper, will have to give it a bash when I nip in tomorrow.

    Danielle, it truly is beautiful. I've had so many comments about it today. I managed to track it down at Superdrug and was the last bottle but the girl said they can order them in so if they don't have any then ask if they can get you one. Someone is actually selling it for £25 on Ebay?! Madness

    ReplyDelete