Sunday 20 June 2010

NOTD - Tesco All About Face Black Cherry

Ok, I know it says nails of the day, but I've actually been wearing this for nearly 3 days now. Look at how well it's bearing up!



I am wearing my GOSH rainbows over, I love it too much, but you can see the colour of the polish coming through. This colour was recommended to me by another blogger friend Jen after how disappointed I was with the Black Cherry from W7. This is a beautiful colour, it's very optulant and rich once you've got more than 1 coat on. It is a bit watery but nothing major and still went on nicely. The applicator wasn't too my liking however, it was a bit too light and being the clumsy oaf I am, I tend to drop things if I can't get a good grip of something.

It looks quite shiny in the picture but this is more from the GOSH, I found it to be a bit dull so would have put a top shine coat on it. I will post a picture later with just the colour on it's own.

I will have to have a go with some of the other colours in the range, I'm really impressed with it's staying power, after nearly 3 days and there only a tiny bit of wear on the tips whereas the W7 didn't even last a trip in the washing up bowl (always knew housework was dangerous!!). I work in a call center, so need a

At only £1.47 I think it's a billy bargain!

I'll be doing a post on my eyeshadow palette soon, so don't worry, it's not all nails.

3 comments:

  1. Does it seriously cost £1.47? If this is the Barbara Daly range, their nail polishes are like £3 in my local one :( Which has always put me off trying them. They look pretty, sure, but I can get a better range of colours from Barry M, Miss Sporty, 2True or even MUA for that amount of money (they're all in Superdrug) and 2true is any 3 items for a fiver and MUA is all a quid each. Not bad, eh? Anyway, great blog, and I wish Tesco's would keep their prices consistent :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya,

    No it's not from that range. I think that is supposed to be Tesco Finest, this is Tesco own brand haha. I'll post a picture of the bottle shortly so you know what to look for.

    I agree on the colour range, Asda have a fantastic colour range on their George shades, if they're in stock of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! In that case, I'm going to look out for this. Thanks for explaining! And I keep meaning to find the George shades but we don't have an Asda where we live. Shame because they look so pretty :(

    ReplyDelete