Monday 5 July 2010

Bodycare Treats

O.K, so despite telling myself I was nipping into town for a hair cut and nothing else....Well I cheated.

I popped into Bodycare because I needed some more cotton pads and remembered they sold odds and ends of cheap make up. The range as gone quite a bit bigger now. Most of it mainly appeals to the younger teens and clubbers etc. but there were some serviceable items and some for 19p on sale. I did my bit for the economy and decided to get some stuff. 

I'll just do a general post now and cover each item individually when I don't have my cat sprawled all over me.


There is an item missing there which is a white loose eyeshadow and you can't see the polish remover I got. Apparently its formulated for removing acrylics and tough polishes, I'm having a right mare removing my flakies and glitter polishes so thought I'd give this one a go.

The one you can't see as I said was an eyeshadow, I may as well put it on here or I'll forget.



So this one is from a company called Body Collection and the shade is 18501 Ice Maiden. I only paid 89p for it but I found it online in other shades at http://www.lovethymakeup.com (I cannot vouch for this website!) a bit more expensive at £1.99.

I'm not a massive fan of really loose shimmers because I'm really pants at putting them on and they end up all over but I can get over it for a colour like this. The applicator is really rubbish, its a hard rounded tip a bit like an eye liner blender so I just used a normal brush and swiped from the applicator.




Getting back to the colour, it is very shimmery and iridescent. I tried and failed to pick up just how sparkly and pretty this is. The colour as you can see is white, but there are flashes of blues, pinks, lilacs and greens. It's not very pigmented, but I do wonder what it would be like with some sort of primer or blending medium, I think it has potential. I could never wear that colour as a base though anyway so it makes no odds to me.



Apparently these are supposed to be good for layering but I just used it on the inside corners of my eyes for the old trick of making them look wider. I used it on a night out with work (which was fab by the way, I went on the karaoke and had to be near wrestled to the ground to get the mic from me) and it lasted all night. For 89p I'm extremely happy about how this one performed and will most certainly be using this again.

1 comment:

  1. I always tell myself that i'm only going to town for one thing, it never happens!

    ReplyDelete