Sunday 25 July 2010

Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection

Foundation has always been my downfall. I've always been terrified of it, I am utterly rubbish at choosing colours that are good for me, they're either too pale or too orange. I ended up using one from Avon forever because it suited me and I was too scared to get anything different.

I asked the brilliant Jen at All that glitters and sparkles and she told me about collection 2000. When I've seen her pics I've always loved how flawless her skin looks and she uses this foundation, and it was pretty cheap from Boots at £5.99 so thought it was worth a punt.

I've got to say, it's one of the best products I've bought all year. I'm more than likely telling you stuff you already know as it seems I came to the party late on this one, but hell you can hear it again. It claims to give 16 hour wear and give flawless coverage, oil free, anti transfer and has the added benefit of being SPF 20 (yes, I always forget to put sun lotion on with make up).

It does pretty much do what it says on the tin. My skin looks great, even without a colour corrector or primer underneath. It gives medium to full coverage but is very light on the skin. My skin tone normally is very uneven, sallow and I generally just look ill all the time, so personally that shows how good this is.

 Shall I show you a pic of me with no make up on? Promise not to balk in disgust? Haha.


Just joking, I'm not that hidious!



Ok there we go, me with my gorgeous, yet filthy little man. As you can see I benefit from horrible pinkness and some yellowy pigmentation around the eyes, and that's me on an alright day!

Now to show you my skin with this foundation, now bare in mind, there are no primers or toners or anything on my face other than the foundation and some translucent pressed powder.



And for a close up of it


Now that was taken a bit into the night (there was much to drink, and I had a part in helping it fulfilling its life's destiny to be drunk) so had been sweating....sorry perspiring... and I still think it looks pretty good.

As for the lasting 16 hours? Well as it shames me to say it, I was a little worse for wear the next morning and yes, I went into work with my make up still on from the night before, I am disgusting I know, but my skin still looked pretty good, people even commented I didn't look as rough as they thought I would do, once it woke up and washed it off the full grimness was there to be seen haha.

I love the pump applicator, it means I can just pump some on the back of my hand and I'm not having to tap the end like a ketchup bottle and ending up with a big honking mess. I tend to put a couple of squirts on the back of my hand and apply it with a slightly damp sponge.

A great little benefit I've noticed, I have a tattoo on my arm which I hate hate hate! I can use this to hide it quite well, it takes a few applications building it up, but it covers it well.







No comments:

Post a Comment