Saturday 6 August 2011

George Sunset Orange

I'm  a big fan of George polishes, and for a quid they're in a perfect bargain price range.

I needed some new summery colours because I seem to have collected a rather lot of blues, purples and other dark colours so was pretty chuffed to find this nice orange colour that's not too in your face but lovely and summery (and it matches a top I have as though it's been made for it!)

  Unfortunately the colour, in the bottle, was the only thing I liked about it. It's a crème polish, the application was messy and didn't seem to go on well for me at all and was difficult to swipe along my nail so ended up with loads of clean up to do around my cuticles; however it only took 2 coats to be opaque. The colour once it was on my nails was almost neon, and certainly got peoples attention, I did have a lot of people comment on it, but it was too bright for me and didn't compliment my skin tone at all. I can't completely comment on the wear because I removed it before the day was up, but I did notice some slight tip wear.


I do have a lot of George polishes and this is the only one I haven't liked so I've done well there. I'm not going to completely write it off, I think I'll use it for franking or using it for nail art because I think it will be pretty decent for using to marble my nails or to do splatter nails with, will have to give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment